Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ingredient of the Day: Zesty Italian Dressing

The first official ingredient of the day is: Zesty Italian Dressing. There are countless ways to use this to make a good meal, so what did I decide on?

All day today I couldn't stop thinking about the recipe Luke's cousin Michael made for us at their Grandma Judy's house. I knew I had some of the ingredients already and the one's I didn't would be under $5 at the store. Perfect!

The first time I ate this I was so happy. So today I will share it with you. (Thank Michael for this)

Zesty Italian Chicken and Pasta

Ingredients: Serves 3-4

1 pound boneless skinless chicken (I used thighs) cut into pieces
8 ounces Zesty Italian Dressing
3 tablespoons of Spicy Brown Mustard
Salt & Pepper
1 pound pasta (I used Rainbow Twists)
4 tablespoons butter/margarine
7.5 ounces Ricotta Cheese (I used low-fat Ricotta)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish
3. In a bowl combine dressing, mustard, salt and pepper
4. Pour mixture over chicken
5. Cook for 45 mins
6. While the chicken is cooking cook pasta according to package directions
7. Drain pasta when done then add butter and ricotta to the pasta
8. When everything is done you can either put chicken over pasta or combine everything

Just an idea to make it healthier you could use whole wheat or whole grain pasta. If there is vegetable you absolutely love, ADD IT! This is your chance to make it your own. Be creative.

Happy Cooking
Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment